2015/2016 Travel Terms & Conditions &
Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a trip with AMT Tours.
By booking a trip with AMT Tours you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you (the traveller) and us (AMT Tours) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. By submitting the booking form you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
- You are required to pay the full amount of booked tours for your booking to be confirmed.
- Acceptance of your booking will be confirmed by us in writing. If this amount is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
- In order for us to confirm your tour arrangements you must provide all requested details with the payment. Necessary details include full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and any pre-existing medical conditions you have. Your booking cannot be confirmed without provision of these details.
- Cancellation of the booking must be made in writing by the person who completed and signed the booking form and is not effective until such cancellation is received by AMT Tours. A 10% cancellation fee will be due to AMT Tours.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel a trip you may choose between us applying the amounts paid toward an alternative trip or receiving a full refund. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
- All travellers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the child's day to day care. .
- You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your trip (if applicable).
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all AMT Tour clients and should be taken out at the time of booking. You the client are able to arrange travel insurance on your own and responsible for ensuring that you are in possession of private travel insurance with full protection for the full duration of the tour in respect of at last medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects, with adequate cover.
- You appreciate and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
- While we endeavor to operate all trips as described we reserve the right to change the trip itinerary. Please refer to our website before departure for the most recent updates to your itinerary.
Before departure: If we make a major change we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. After departure: We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control.
- Our trips are run by an AMT Tours leader. The decision of the group leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any person participating in the trip. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a group leader, or interfere with the well-being of the group, the group leader may order you to leave the trip immediately, with no right of refund. You must at all times comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited, and you also agree to travel in accordance with our responsible travel guidelines.
- Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your tour leader or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them.
- Although we have made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our trip documentation including brochure, website and Trip Notes we cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may occur.
- If you have a complaint about your trip please inform your tour leader or our local representative at the time in order that the they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of the tour.
- In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
- You consent to us using images of you taken during the trip for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
Registered address: AMT Tours - 21 Jamieson Road, Flamingo Vlei, Table View, Cape Town, South Africa